Last year, we had to cancel TechBash 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, this year is no different. Due to the increase in positive cases in Pennsylvania and the continued threat and spread of the Delta variant, we’ve decided that it’s best to put safety first. We’re extremely disappointed in the fate of this year’s event but know we’ll be able to see you all in person soon enough. We’d prefer to be in an environment were there is little concern for spreading of the virus.
While this is very disappointing, we felt this was the best option for our attendees, speakers, sponsors, and all of the families that participate and have fun at our TechBash events. We’re excited that we’ll be back in 2022.
Here is the original post on TechBash.com:
Due to the ongoing concerns of safety for our attendees, speakers, sponsors, and families, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone TechBash yet again.
Last year, TechBash 2020 faced a similar fate as we were forced to cancel due to the ongoing threat of the pandemic. As organizers, we’ve spent a good deal of time talking with participants in TechBash 2021 and with organizers of regional events to better understand their concerns and to collect suggestions for our event. After spending time discussing, we felt that we could not offer an event that would create a safe environment for participants in the conference. Our decision was made easier when we had heard the news that the Steamtown Marathon in Scranton, PA would be cancelled and that beginning on September 7th, all students in public and private schools across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania are required to wear a mask.
If you have purchased a ticket for the event, your purchase will be refunded. If you have booked a room at the Kalahari, you can either continue to stay at the discounted rate or you can cancel your room. To cancel, you can visit Passkey, the online registration system, or you could call the call center at 877-525-2427.
We do have some good news. We will be back at the Kalahari Resorts and Convention Center in Pocono Manor, PA next year. Additional details for TechBash 2022 will be announced soon. We are excited to see each and every one of you in person in 2022 and hope by then we’ve contained the virus and eliminated pandemic concerns.
Stay tuned for more information!
Other Posts Related to COVID-19
Below you’ll find the list of other posts in the series:
- COVID-19, Resources, and Technology
- Free Technical Training and Welcome Spring
- Use Docking Station from Home and Add Home Projects
- Technology Events in 2020
- Google’s Stadia Gaming Free for Two Months
- Debugging COVID-19 Data Using Excel
- Hiding Your Background When Working From Home
- Pixel by LabCorp Releases At Home Test
- Blockbuster Surviving Covid-19
- DevAroundTheSun a 24-hour Fundraiser May 12
- Repairing My Lenovo Yoga Pro 2
- Hard Drive Docking Station
- TechBash 2020, TechBash 2021, and COVID-19
- 2020 Year in Review Thus Far
- COVID-19 and Work From Home Update
- CodeMash 2021 is Cancelled
- Comcast Xfinity Data Cap Enforcement
- UPDATE: Comcast Xfinity Data Cap Enforcement
- TechBash 2021 Postponed
- Announcing TechBash 2022