Hello, I'm Jason
I live with my family in the rolling hills of Northeastern Pennsylvania. I'm a web developer by trade, but have broad experience in various business areas. Want to know more about me?
An error occurs in SBA when the No. Field has data longer than 20 characters…Read More
Ever receive an error message similar to: “Can’t create file: FILE NAME.pdf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder.”? Well, I have the solution. It appears that when you install any Microsoft Small Business products (including Small Business Accounting 2006 and Business Contact Manager), the OutlookSecureTempFolder key in the registry is changed from
...\\Temporary Internet Files\\....
I posted the question on the ASPAdvice.com technical list and received a response from a good friend, Paul Murphy. His solution is documented at http://aspadvice.com/blogs/pmurphy/archive/2005/02/09/2084.aspx. I haven’t tried it yet, but it just might work. Looks like I’ll have to try it sometime soon.Read More
I saw a post come around about some cool XBox 360 Tracker resources. Check these out:Read More
Windows XP Service Pack 3 won’t be out until 2007…Read More
One of the sites I visit frequently to convert images from GIF to a Base64 string is http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp. It’s a quick and easy way to do the conversion. It would be pretty nice if VS.net eventually had a conversion tool built in.Read More
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. Reason being, I’ve been hard at work building a few add-in modules for Microsoft Small Business Accounting 2006. Yesterday, I needed to install SBA and BCM SP1 on the server and client machines. Little did I realize that because I was debugging my add-ins using SBA.exe, my debugging database and resource files had the old
sbaapi.dll. It appeared that when I ran my add-in in debug mode, VS.NET would replace the SP1 exe and dlls with the old ones. If I closed out of VS.NET and attempted to run SBA, it still wouldn’t work. I had to repair SBA. After I deleted the debugging files, temp files (including temporary resource files), and old compiled copies of the .dll, it worked with no issues.